Sunday, December 20, 2009

Beggars: Sad part of life

I am sad today. I was driving to my office today when I crossed Ashram chowk and turned on Mathura road towards Badarpur. On the next red light there was this small girl dancing on th e tunes of Dholak. She must be four or may be five. An age where one feels on top of the world if someone offers her a candy. This also reminds me of a day sometime back. Again I was returning from hospital when I saw this small girl playing with her infant brother (it could be sister). This kid in a carton is a very grim sight. Delhi government claims to remove the beggars from Delhi roads before common wealth games. But how is it going to tackle this task? What would happen to these beggars? Are they being just removed from roads or there is some plan to rehabilitate them? How would you ensure that they don't come back after sometime?

No comments: